Featured in the  Wall Street Journal Forbes   Bloomberg IBD   ABC News BBC News   CNN/Money MSNBC USA Today New York Times

Home

News Headlines

DNJ News Alerts

Recent Articles

Archive

Resources

December 31, 2019

Domain Sales

Classified Ads

YTD Sales Charts

About Us

The Lowdown

Email Us

 

 

The Lowdown Subscribe to our RSS Feed
Here's the The Lowdown from DN Journal,
updated daily
to fill you in on the latest buzz going around the domain name industry. 

The Lowdown is compiled by DN Journal Editor & Publisher Ron Jackson.

Verisign Reports Global Domain Registrations Reached Nearly 360 Million at End of 3Q-2019

Verisign's latest quarterly Domain Name Industry Brief (.pdf file) covering data collected through the end of the third quarter of 2019 revealed that total domain registrations across all TLDs hit 359.8 million worldwide. That is an increase of 17.4 million domains since the same point a year earlier, a 5.1% jump. The latest numbers represent a 1.4% increase over the previous quarter. 

Verisign administers several Top Level Domain, including the world's most popular TLD, .com, as well as the second most popular gTLD, .net. They reported total .com registrations reached 144 million at the end of 3Q-2019, a 4.7% rise year over year. As has been the case for 

some time now, .net continued to go in the opposite direction, sliding 5% from 14.1 million to 13.4 million registrations in the year ending with the close of 3Q-2019.

ccTLD (country code TLD) registrations outperformed the overall market. Total ccTLD registrations soared 8.4% year over year, adding 12.5 million domain names to close 3Q-2019 with a total of 161.8 million registrations.

New gTLD registrations saw a modest increase, rising 2.4% year over year (adding about 600,000 domain names) to end 3Q-2019 with 24 million names registered. Most of the new gTLD total (nearly 59%) has been generated by the ten largest new gTLDs, leaving hundreds of others competing for the remaining 41%.

(Posted December 31, 2019)  

VPS Web Hosting


If you've been out of the loop lately, catch up in the Lowdown Archive!


We need your help to keep giving domainers The Lowdown, so please email editor@dnjournal.com with any interesting information you might have. If possible, include the source of your information so we can check it out (for example a URL if you read it in a forum or on a site elsewhere). 

 Home  Domain Sales  YTD Sales Charts    The Lowdown  News Headlines  
Articles   Resources  Classified Ads  Archive  About Us

  

Copyright 2019 DNJournal.com - an Internet Edge, Inc. company. 
No material may be copied from this site without expressed written consent.